Sunday, April 29, 2012

Catching Up!

I've been away from the blog scene for some time, so here are some random notes and thoughts, not in any particular order of importance, about things since my last post, which was over eight months ago...

I started playing tennis again, once a week with a member of our golf group, after not playing for almost 12 years...

Encino Mercedes Benz finished construction of its new showroom on Ventura Blvd. While it was being built I thought it was going to be a pretty ugly building but now that's finished it looks pretty cool. Very European, as are the apartments across the street.

I have discovered two or three good places to have lunch or get a drink on Ventura Blvd., including Casa Vegas in Sherman Oaks.

I am working on three book projects at the same time, a children's book about Yo-Yo's, a mystery novel set in L.A., and an L.A. baseball book. Not sure that doing that all at the same time is a good idea.

Our Black Lab Susie is having arthritis problems with her hips, she'll be 13 in September...

I had to give a speech in church recently about volunteering...

Our old 1967 Volkswagen has a new electronic ignition and it is working very well. The car, which isn't driven very much, starts up nicely...

I bid on and won--for not much money--a wrist watch on Ebay, a reconditioned Rolex that was built in the 1970s.

I had our back yard sprinkler system upgraded and now the grapes are growing on the arbor....





No comments:

Post a Comment